Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked,and drained
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
- Add salt, to taste, pepper and tomato sauce; simmer slowly while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green pepper and green onion.
- Place half of cooked noodles in a greased 3 qt.
- baking dish.
- Top with cheese mixture over top, and then remaining noodles.
- Pour meat mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
We loved this recipe, it is my new favorite casserole. Thank you Darlene, we're grateful for a wonderful meal. Served it with toss salad and garlic bread.
I made this today. It tasted great but DH and I both found the noodles and cheeses were a bit dry. I made it with spiral noodles. I don't know if that made a difference. Thanks