Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend of mine gave me this recipe and I love cooked carrots about anyway you fix them.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh carrots, whole and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook whole carrots in salted water until tender, saving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut lengthwise in narrow strips.
- Arrange in 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Combine reserved carrot liquid with mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour sauce over carrots.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
Delicious! I loved the sauce on these carrots so much that next time I may make more of it to stir into the carrots. The onion bits and horseradish add wonderful flavour without over powering the carrots. Thanks for a great carrot recipe!