Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
from Betty Crocker
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 2 (24 ounce) bagsgreen giant frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F Reserve 1 cup French-fried onions for topping.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix remaining onions, the broccoli, cream cheese, bell pepper and red pepper sauce. Cover; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until sauce chips are melted.
- Transfer to ungreased 2- to 3-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle reserved onions around outer edge of casserole; bake 5 minutes longer.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375°F In step 2, cover and cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. In step 3, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Very simple to make, very colorful and pleasant to look at. I addd a cup of yellow onions and a tbl spoon of minced garlic.
We loved this. Very quick to put together and the hint of red pepper sauce was perfect! Thanks, cookiemakin'mama! Made for PAC Fall 2009.