Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it sounds simple enough to make for a crowd.
- 3 bunches broccoli
- 5 small zucchini
- 1 bunch green onion
- salad oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- lettuce leaf
- Cut broccoli into 1x2-inch pieces.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Cut each green onion into 2-inch pieces (if root ends are too thick, cut each lengthwise in half).
- In 8-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, in 1/3 cup hot salad oil, cook green onions, stirring frequently, until tender about 3 minutes.
- With rubber spatula, stir in broccoli and 1 1/4 teaspoon salt until broccoli is coated with oil.
- Add water; cover Dutch over and cook broccoli 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp.
- Remove vegetables and liquid to bowl.
- In same Dutch oven over medium heat, in 1/4 cup hot salad oil, cook zucchini, basil, and 1 teaspoon salt, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Return broccoli mixture to Dutch oven; add soy sauce; mix well.
- Line large platter with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon vegetables onto lettuce-leaf-lined platter.
- Serve hot or refrigerate to serve cold later.