Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I know there are a lot of these casseroles out there, but this one is my favorite.
Make and share this Company Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- 8 ounces cooked ham (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Put 1/2 the cheese in the bottom of a 13x9 (ungreased) baking dish.
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook the mushrooms and green onions until tender.
- Sprinkle all this over the cheese layer.
- Then layer ham over the vegetables.
- Then layer remaining cheese over the ham.
- Combine flour, milk and eggs, blending well.
- Pour this mixture over the layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or till mixture is set and lightly browned.
- Let set 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- May make the night before; cover and refrigerate till cooked.
I recently made this recipe for my co-workers and it was a big hit. The only thing I left out was the onion. I plan to make this one a lot! - Pam Dalzell - Ohio
I made this one Sunday morning on a whim, I don't usually make breakfast very often. This was great! My family loved it and the second time I made it, I made a double batch, "Food Savered" the leftovers in individual portions for my husband to take to work to eat on his morning break. This one is a keeper!