Recipe by Suzie
I know, I know. Another mac and cheese recipe. But, wait. Maybe it's not as cholesterol-crazy as some; or, is that just wishful thinking on my part? I first served this about 30 years ago when Dave and I were first married. Really impressed his mom. Still makin' it today; still impressin' folks today. I like making it, and so does my arthritis. It's that easy. I prefer the medium shells. Elbow macaroni is so...well...elbow macaroni.
Top Review by luvcook'n
This is an awesome mac & cheese! I didn't have any cottage cheese...so I made "recipe #180628" and use rotini pasta. DH definately said to make this again! Thank you Suzanna for sharing this yummy recipe. Made this for New Kids on the Block tag game.
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder, pepper to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and well drained
- seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese and macaroni.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Add macaroni; stir until coated.
- Transfer to greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs (optional).
- Sprinkle with paprika (if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes OR until bubbly.