I know, I know. Another mac and cheese recipe. But, wait. Maybe it's not as cholesterol-crazy as some; or, is that just wishful thinking on my part? I first served this about 30 years ago when Dave and I were first married. Really impressed his mom. Still makin' it today; still impressin' folks today. I like making it, and so does my arthritis. It's that easy. I prefer the medium shells. Elbow macaroni is so...well...elbow macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese and macaroni.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Add macaroni; stir until coated.
- Transfer to greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs (optional).
- Sprinkle with paprika (if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes OR until bubbly.
This is an awesome mac & cheese! I didn't have any cottage cheese...so I made "Fresh Homemade Ricotta Cheese" and use rotini pasta. DH definately said to make this again! Thank you Suzanna for sharing this yummy recipe. Made this for New Kids on the Block tag game.