Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, Sliced
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, Instant
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 ounces frozen Chinese pea pods, 1Pk
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (5 ) can bamboo shoots, Drained
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments, drained (reserve the syrup)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Cook and stir the meat, onion and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the soy sauce, cornstarch, and molasses and stir this mixture into the meat mixture.
- Stir in the bouillon, water, pea pods, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and reserved mandarin orange syrup and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the orange segments, recover and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice with additional soy sauce.
This recipe has potential but needs some spicy zip for our tastes. Made as posted it is a little bland.