Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole is so moist and yummy. Try it. I think you'll like it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 4 ounces margarine
- 6 ounces herb stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot water
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef, onion and celery.
- Add mushrooms. Mix together.
- Blend margarine, stuffing mix and 1 1/3 cups of water.
- In a 2 quart casserole, layer half of meat mixture and then all of stuffing mixture.
- Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Blend 1/4 cup of water with soup and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I'm sorry, but this meal turned out way too heavy and greasy...look at the nutritional content before making it! I didn't realize just how bad it was until after we tasted it- I went back to my printed out page and was shocked :( Ewww!
This recipe was de-lish! I do not agree with the number of servings. I get 7 to 8 servings (not 4!!). I tested to see if it froze well! It does!! I put some in the freezer last evening and defrosted it for lunch today. It was super! Thank you Gwynn. Elaine Cape Cod
MMMMMMM!!! This was so good, and everyone seemed to love it. Even the leftovers were gobbled up! Thanks!