Recipe by gwynn
This casserole is so moist and yummy. Try it. I think you'll like it.
Top Review by irenejo
I'm sorry, but this meal turned out way too heavy and greasy...look at the nutritional content before making it! I didn't realize just how bad it was until after we tasted it- I went back to my printed out page and was shocked :( Ewww!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 4 ounces margarine
- 6 ounces herb stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot water
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion and celery.
- Add mushrooms. Mix together.
- Blend margarine, stuffing mix and 1 1/3 cups of water.
- In a 2 quart casserole, layer half of meat mixture and then all of stuffing mixture.
- Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Blend 1/4 cup of water with soup and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.