Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a simple but elegant meal when you need something to serve unexpected company. One of my husband's favorites. You can use cherry, orange or raspberry preserves, or just try something different.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (with or without skin, but I prefer skin)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 -3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- adobo seasoning (instead of adobe you can mix garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste)
- Wash chicken and and season with herbs. place in pan with skin side up.
- Mix preserves with the vinegar to make a semi-thick glaze.
- Save 1/2 cups marinade for later.
- Pour rest of marinade over chicken.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season with adobe.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer until chicken is done. (Breasts should be golden brown).
- Heat remainder of marinade thinning with the vinegar, if it gets to thick and pour over chicken.
- Put back in oven for 5 minutes and serve.