Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Piled high with juicy, sweet tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and rich eggs and mayo, this sandwich is popular in Comoros. The Comoros consist of four islands and several islets in the western Indian Ocean. The Comoro Islands are located at the northern end of the Mozambique Channel between Madagascar and Africa. Recipe from Sasha Martin.
- Slice a baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread with a thin(or thick) layer of mayonnaise.
- Next, place juicy slices of ripe tomatoes. The juices will seep into the bread a bit and make for excellent flavor.
- Add the cucumber slices.
- Add a layer of hard-boiled eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with the top half of the bread and cut sandwich in half.
- Eat up!