2 hrs 10 mins
Bread we use in our Holy Communion services at church. *** The dough can be made in a bread machine, but will still be cooked in the oven. Follow the direction for your machine when adding the ingrediants and use the dough setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Stir in honey, oil and salt.
- 3Add flour and mix with hands.
- 4Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minuets.
- 5When elastic, place dough in a bowl and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- 6Let dough rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead a few times.
- 8Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 9Cut into 4 inch rounds (a coffee can works well for this).
- 10Score deeply with a sharp knife or pastry knife in a cross shape, cutting almost to the bottom.
- 11Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minuets.
- 12The bread WILL NOT brown noticeably, so it should not be baked longer then that.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Communion Bread for Zion Lutheran Church, Spring City, PA
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g