This unleavened biscuit is just right for chowder... I sometimes use cream in place of milk for a richer cracker. If you do, use more than a cup..add liquid until mixture is sticky.
My Private Note
4 in cr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, salt and sugar.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture has the consistency of corm meal.
- 3Stir in enough milk to make a stiff dough.
- 4Roll to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- 5Cut into 3-4 inch rounds.
- 6Prick surface with a fork.
- 7Brush surface with milk.
- 8Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a 425°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 9Store in an airtight container.
- 10Split crackers and serve with chowder.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Common Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 231.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g