- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled or 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, shake to blend.
- Heat butter in frying pan and saute' sunflower seeds and almonds until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Prepare remaining ingredients.
- Add cooled seeds and almonds.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.