Recipe by Bogey'sMom
I was shopping in the commissary one day when an old lady struck up a conversation with me. She saw the ingredients in my cart and asked if I was making a Banana Pudding. I told her I was, so she proceeded to give me tips and recipes for her favorite desserts to serve her husband. This is one I did try and it was delicious. I tend to adore people at both ends of the life spectrum - infants and the very elderly.
Top Review by Summers
I have made this recipe for years and it is always a hit! My secret is to use a stick of cold butter and grate it evenly over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon. The butter melts quickly and results in an even brown topping. Also, I like to use a vanilla cake mix.This recipe works well with blueberries also. Fresh is best, but frozen is fine and easy to keep on hand for a quick dessert. Everyone loves this and I hate to tell them how easy it is to make!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen blackberries in bottom of 9X13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over blackberries.
- Cut butter into little 1/2 inch cubes and"dot" the butter over the cake mix.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- I serve this with vanilla ice cream.