Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Healthier version of fried chicken.
Make and share this Commando Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard, whole-grain
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- cooking spray
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan and pour buttermilk mixture over chicken. Cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine egg substitute and whole-grain mustard in a shallow dish. Combine cereal, Parmesan, and oregano in a second shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain excess liquid.
- Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into the egg mustard mixture and then dredge in the cereal mixture.
- Place chicken on a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
This recipe was excellent. Hard to believe it hasn't be reviewed! Loved the crunch coating of the corn flakes with the Dijon. My family loved it. I will make it again. Made for PAC 09