Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Commander's Palace New Orleans Cookbook. This is one of my favorite places to eat. A true dining experience. The salad is easy and quite impressive.
- 1 pint plain yogurt (I use low-fat)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- white pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup grapefruit section
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (I use pecans)
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- Add all the dressing ingredients into blender container.
- Pulse several times or until well blended.
- Mix salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Serve on chilled plates with dressing on the side.
This was delicious although quite acidic with lemon juice and the grapefruit. I love acidic but for me the ratio was off. I used a Meyer lemon in the salad dressing and a juicy, red grapefruit in the salad. I will make this again and play with the proportions a little. It's good just for me it needs a little fine tuning. Made for Recipe Swap #83 in the Australian forum.
I didn't enjoy this salad as much as I thought I was going to. I love all the ingredients, it just didn't come together very well. I probably won't attempt to make it again.
This was a delightful summer salad. I used a Chef John Folseâ€™s plain strained yogurt (local in near N.O., LA). I also used golden raisins that I had on hand. I used the salted/sugar pecans and could not have been more pleased. Like one of the other reviewers I was not sure how the avocados would blend with grapefruit. I was pleasantly surprised. This is definitely a five star keeper.