Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from The Commander's Palace New Orleans Cookbook. This is one of my favorite places to eat. A true dining experience. The salad is easy and quite impressive.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This was delicious although quite acidic with lemon juice and the grapefruit. I love acidic but for me the ratio was off. I used a Meyer lemon in the salad dressing and a juicy, red grapefruit in the salad. I will make this again and play with the proportions a little. It's good just for me it needs a little fine tuning. Made for Recipe Swap #83 in the Australian forum.
- 1 pint plain yogurt (I use low-fat)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- white pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup grapefruit section
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (I use pecans)
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin