A decadant single serving desert. The contrasting white sauce on chocolate cake makes for a very pretty presentation. I have had this dessert at Commander's Palace and it is divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup finely chopped good-quality white chocolate (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons clear rum
- 2Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add white chocolate and whisk until melted.
- 5Stir in rum.
- 6Chill until just cool, whisking occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 9Butter six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes.
- 10Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until melted.
- 11Cool 10 minutes.
- 12Mix sugar and eggs in processor until well blended.
- 13Blend in butter.
- 14Add flour; process until smooth.
- 15Blend in chocolate.
- 16Divide batter among prepared dishes.
- 17Place on baking sheet.
- 18Bake until cakes are puffed, tops look crusty and tester inserted into center comes out with wet batter still attached, about 18 minutes.
- 19Run knife around sides of cakes.
- 20Invert onto spatula; gently slide onto plates.
- 21Spoon sauce around cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Commander's Chocolate Souffle Cakes W/ White Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.2 mg
- Sodium 76.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g