Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had this at a friends house over the weekend, Monday am was waiting outside her door at the office, hovering for the recipe. This is really simple and really good salad. She tells me it's origin is the Commander Palace restaurant in New Orleans. Never been to this restaurant, but loved New Orleans,!!:)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn and washed
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar, good quality
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- In a blender add all dressing ingredients and blend for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to dress the salad.
- When ready to plate the salad, add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Finish with fresh black pepper and parmesan cheese.
This is a lovely salad. We love the bacon and parmesan combination with the romaine. The dressing is perfect for this. Thanks for sharing this, Melba Stark. It's a winner.