Cook1 hr 30 mins
aka Jewish Biscotti or Mandelbroit. This is my great grandmother's recipe. I've never actually made it, only eaten it, so I'm totally guessing on the cook and prep times.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla. Mix thoroughly with a large spoon, even kneading by hand as necessary.
- Roll into small loaves and place on oiled cookie sheets in a 350F oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set or lightly brown on bottom of loaves.
- Remove from cookie sheets and slice to desired thickness immediately.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Place on cookie sheets again and bake in a 300F oven until brown and dry.