Recipe by Rainbow*Bubbles
I've recently become addicted to Horlicks, and tried adapting one of my favourite pudding cake recipes to see if it would work, and it came out really well. It's great comfort food for when you're home on your own and it's cold outside.
- 3 tablespoons pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder (Horlicks)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon soya milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon instant malted milk powder
- 100 ml boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees. Mix the first 3 ingredients in a small baking dish (about 200ml/8-10oz), then add the soya milk gradually to form a thick paste.
- Sprinkle over the Horlicks, then pour over the boiling water. Bake for about 25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the centre of the dumpling part comes out clean.
- Leave to cool a few minutes, then enjoy! It's also nice served with extra custard or soya milk.