Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy as can be, this mild casserole is loved by young ones and is comfort food for all.
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken noodle soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Slice vegetables and set aside.
- Mix sour cream, half & half, and soup. Add vegetables.
- Add mixture to hot, drained noodles.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and stir.
- Spoon into lightly greased 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Top casserole with 2 torn slices of American cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, stir slightly, and serve.