Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I lived in Spain for a while, and the mother of the family I lived with used to make this on cold nights or when someone was sick. It is light, delicious, very easy and so comforting!
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups water
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 4 slices sourdough bread or 4 slices French bread
- salt and pepper (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or pot and saute the garlic until hot.
- Add vegetable stock or water, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg white while stirring.
- Put one slice of bread in each bowl and ladle soup onto it to serve.
- Enjoy and keep your health!