Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is almost calorie free. I make it at the first sign of a cold. It's fast and easy, and can be modified or enhanced.
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly slced (or a bag of coleslaw)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- - Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- - Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- - Remove garlic cloves, squash with a fork, and put back into the broth.
- leftover cooked chicken or beef.
- baby carrots.
- rice noodles.