Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
What a wonderful creamy and comforting potato soup! Garnish with additional snipped parsley and crumbled bacon or diced ham, as desired. Add a side salad and crusty baguette for a tasty lunch or light dinner. Perfect for a chilly autumn or winter's day...
- 1419.54 ml organic chicken broth
- 1419.54 ml peeled and cubed potatoes (russets)
- 78.07 ml white onion, finely chopped
- salt (optional, to taste)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml crumbled cooked bacon or 236.59 ml diced ham
- 340.19 g reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add diced potatoes and onions and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Using a potato masher, coarsely mash the potatoes in the pot (do not drain).
- Add seasonings, parsley, crumbled cooked bacon or diced ham, and the chunks of cream cheese.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes, until cheese is melted. Stir well to combine.
- Serve soup hot with a side salad and a crusty baguette.
I think this may be the best potato soup I've ever made! I also used bacon and only 8 oz cream cheese and it was a perfect consistency. I also used green onion instead of white as that was all I had on hand but I think I would do it the same way next time. Thanks for a wonderful and easy recipe!
Fabulous and easy! I used bacon in the soup as well as bacon and chopped scallions for garnish. I only used 8oz of cream cheese and I still had a rich, creamy soup without any heavy cream! This is sure to warm you up inside. Thanx!
Delicious! I don't mash my potatoes at all, just leave them in small cubes. My entire family loves this! It's a little rich, but yummy. (We use bacon)