Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was given to me through a recipe tree. It is quick, easy and oh so yummy. I have made this many times when delivering dinners to friends and always get asked for the recipe. It is a wonderful comfort food dinner!
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 4 -6 whole chicken breasts or 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- Combine can soups, milk and rice. Mix until well blended and place in 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Place chicken on top of soup mixture.
- Spoon a little bit of soup mixture over the chicken so that there is a small coat on top and then sprinkle onion soup packet on top of chicken.
- Cover with foil and seal tightly. Bake 325 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
I thought this was a little bit on the soupy side so I added some extra rice and it turned out pretty good. I like the flavor that the onion soup added. I'm sure I will be making this again.
This was really good. I used reduced fat cream of chicken and mushroom soup. Definitely great comfort food! Thanks for a yummy recipe!
Quick and tasty. I used pkg of chicken thighs and only half pkg of onion soup mix which was still abit on the strong side.