Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful one pan to wash meal from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine. Yummy!!!
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered widthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same pan, brown chicken pieces on all sides.
- Return onion to pan, add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Simple skillet meal that's good when the weather is cold. Creamy sauce covers chicken pices and hunks of potato and carrots. I used "pick o the chick," which was more than 4 pounds of chicken, 5 medium potatoes, and a pound of baby carrots. Even so, there was plenty of sauce. For my tastes, I would reduce the fat next time, subbing half and half for whipping cream and reducing the butter at least by half. With butter, whipping cream, and fat from the chicken skin, I was feeling a bit guilty. Thanks for sharing the recipe!