1/1 Photo of Comforting Cabbage and Sausage Casserole
I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it is so good! I have experimented with various ways of cutting the chopping the cabbage and tried different types of sausage, and they have all been enjoyed by me and my family. The most important thing to remember is to drain the fat and excess liquid as directed, or the casserole will be thin and watered down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove casing from sausage and brown in skillet. Drain fat.
- 2Stir in cabbage, cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp. Drain any extra liquid.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients and put in a lightly greased 9x9 baking dish.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 375 F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Cabbage and Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.9
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 2622.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 45.9 g