Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it is so good! I have experimented with various ways of cutting the chopping the cabbage and tried different types of sausage, and they have all been enjoyed by me and my family. The most important thing to remember is to drain the fat and excess liquid as directed, or the casserole will be thin and watered down.
- 566.99 g Italian sausage
- 1182.95 ml cabbage, coarsely chopped or 946.36 ml cabbage, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 177.44 ml sour cream (not low-fat)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Remove casing from sausage and brown in skillet. Drain fat.
- Stir in cabbage, cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp. Drain any extra liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and put in a lightly greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 F for 20 minutes.
We enjoyed this! I was running low on sour cream so I had to use 1/4 cup of full fat yogurt and 1/2 cup sour cream. Thanks for posting:)
My DH and I love cabbage and sausage combinations, and this is really terrific. It's also so easy to cook and assemble. Thanks, goushiangirl! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
Sorry but this was not to our liking. I followed the recipe exactly as written but we didn't like the sour cream and cheese in this. I wish I wouldn't have added them as it wasn't bad before that. I used regular sour cream and cheese but thought it made this dish taste odd.