Recipe by goushiangirl
I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it is so good! I have experimented with various ways of cutting the chopping the cabbage and tried different types of sausage, and they have all been enjoyed by me and my family. The most important thing to remember is to drain the fat and excess liquid as directed, or the casserole will be thin and watered down.
- 566.99 g Italian sausage
- 1182.95 ml cabbage, coarsely chopped or 946.36 ml cabbage, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 177.44 ml sour cream (not low-fat)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casing from sausage and brown in skillet. Drain fat.
- Stir in cabbage, cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp. Drain any extra liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and put in a lightly greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 F for 20 minutes.