Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good old fashioned comfort food! Easy to make, too!
Make and share this Comforting Beef Stroganoff Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil, to taste
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves, I just use the jarred kind
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- In lg, deep frying pan, brown hamburger, salt and pepper until done, breaking up.
- Drain grease, add oil, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine (*or sub), reduce heat to med-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and mustard until combined.
- Stir in cooked noodles, (**if pan is too small, pour noodles into large dish, pour meat mixture over, and toss to coat), then pour all into greased 13x9-inch baking dish or pan.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- *Serve with tossed salad and garlic bread.
This was very good. Quick and easy. Thanks for posting.
Great family dinner! I used bouillon, much more than called for (I think about 3/4 cup of the 1 cup I made to make it saucy enough), otherwise followed the recipe as stated. I find it much easier to use the oven than the stove while I'm making a side or two. It was a really good family pleaser. Thanks!