Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so meaty and tasteful and it makes enough for 5-6 people. The leftovers are really good too. I got the basic recipe from a friend and made some of my own changes to suit my taste. Enjoy!!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 cup flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 8 -10 red potatoes, cut in half and unpeeled
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Saute onions in oil until transparent then add garlic (do not let garlic get brown or it will get bitter).
- Remove the onion and garlic from the pot while cooking the meat then add it back into the meat.
- Flour and season the meat and add it to the pot, a few pieces at a time to brown.
- Add all meat back into the pot with the onion.
- Add both cans of soup and the beef broth.
- Cover and let cook for 2 hours on low stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, celery and parsley flakes and let cook another hour.
- You may want to take the cover off and let thicken or add some cornstarch if the gravy is too thin.