1/1 Photo of Comforting Apple Crisp
This is a great recipe that is easy to make after dinner. I slightly changed a recipe from Mother's Bistro in Portland, OR to get this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1For the filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. In a medium mxing bowl mix together apple slices, lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar, let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- 2For the topping: In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture forms small clumps. Stir in oats and nuts.
- 3To assemble: Pour apples in prepared pan and top with topping, lightly press the topping on top of the apples.
- 4Bake until topping is brown and the filling is bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g