Recipe by Mad Maryno
A tofu loaf, with easy to find ingredients... leftovers excellent in sandwiches.
Top Review by KateMcD
Delicious!! Used extra firm tofu, and subbed 1 cup Progresso bread crumbs for the bread slices. Don't have a food processor, so I mashed the tofu first, mashed through all the flavorings next and stirred through the veggies last. Mixture should be very thick and hard to stir. If it isn't, you need more bread. Mine cooked perfectly. I put 1T of olive oil in bottom of loaf pan. Loaf fell out perfectly cooked at end of hour. Can't stop eating it.
- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 slices bread, toasted, and crumbled
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of coarsely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup of coarsely chopped celery
Directions See How It's Made
- First, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the carrot and celery. Blend until smooth.
- Add the carrot and celery, and blend in the tofu mixture.
- Put in a loaf pan and bake for one hour.
- You can also put ketchup on top of the loaf.