1/1 Photo of Comfort Soup (Spinach & Meatballs)
Literary Mom's Note:
This simple soup is a savory dish passed on to me by a childhood friend's mother. She raised 6 kids and knew how to please a hungry crowd (the boys are all over 6'5") on a tight budget in a hurry! Soup is comforting but I have found this one to be especially soothing to body and soul. UPDATE: the meat juices are what make the flavor of the broth, so if the beef is too lean (or not enough is used), there won't be an oily sheen to the soup, which is what gives it the wonderful taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat chicken broth to boiling.
- 2Meanwhile, combine beef, cheese and pepper.
- 3Knead lightly to mix but don't overdo it.
- 4Roll into 1 inch meatballs.
- 5Drop meatballs into boiling broth and reduce heat to simmering (medium low usually).
- 6Cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Add spinach and cook for 10 more minutes.
- 8Serve with french bread if you have it.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comfort Soup (Spinach & Meatballs)
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 974.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g