Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really yummy roast chicken or turkey casserole with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans accented with cranberries. Great comfort food! Especially quick and easy to prepare using TG leftovers, or a rotisserie chicken. Can be assembled in advance, and then popped into the oven about an hour before serving time. Serve with warm buttered biscuits.
- 2 cups prepared hot mashed potatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) cancooked green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey breast or 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared turkey gravy or 1 1⁄2 cups prepared chicken gravy
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spread hot mashed potatoes evenly over the bottom of the baking dish, coming up the sides somewhat to create a shell.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with parsley.
- In a large bowl stir together the green beans, cranberries, cubed turkey or chicken, and the gravy.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the top of the mashed potatoes.
- Top with the stuffing and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or bake for 1 hour if made ahead and refrigerated), until casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Good served with warm buttered biscuits. Enjoy!