Recipe by gnihtlaicositna
Urghh, this recipe is one of favorite things to eat. Regular potatoes are so boring, but after awhile I started adding different things to them, and voila. Now I have my favorite comfort food. =) (note, if you don't like spicy food, the cayenne pepper is optional).
- 4 large potatoes
- water (to boil in)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- peel and cut up potatoes into halves
- put potatoes in pot, fill with water just enough to cover the potatoes.
- boil ( medium heat, 20-35 minutes).
- remove from heat, mix in the margarine and milk.
- mix just enough so that it's an even mixture.
- add onions, cheese, and cayenne pepper.
- mix throughly (with mixer), until it is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- add salt and pepper if you wish.