1/1 Photo of Comfort Pot Roast (For the Crock Pot)
This is the only way I'll do pot roast, and I've tried many over the years. Talk about the perfect comfort food! I usually make mashed potatoes, dumplings or egg noodles to go with this and smother all in the delicious gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 lb carrot, peeled (if thin, leave whole, if chunky, cut in half)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (from soup envelope)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Put 2 tablespoons water in bottom of crock pot.
- 2Place carrots in crock pot.
- 3Combine paprika, onion soup powder, garlic powder and pepper (making a dry rub).
- 4Rub into roast, coating all sides.
- 5Place roast in cooker.
- 6Sprinkle 1/2 of the remaining soup mix over roast.
- 7Layer sliced onions on top.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining soup mix.
- 9Spoon cream soup over top.
- 10Cook low 8 to 10 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comfort Pot Roast (For the Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.2
- Calories from Fat 647
- Total Fat 71.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 235.1 mg
- Sodium 1484.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 66.0 g