Recipe by Jill22 #2
Its a crowd pleaser ,everyone enjoys.Lean ground beef or turkey , well seasoned.Covered with ketchup and peppers.Chopped fresh veggies add texture and taste.Even those who do not like meatloaf will eat it.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef or 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tomatoes, diced may use canned
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 bell peppers, 1 diced 1 sliced for garnish, may use green and red combo
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef or turkey with egg,water oatmeal,chopped onion,garlic,spices,chopped peppers,ketchup and tomatoes.
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- Place in a large baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 45- 60 minutes.
- After 35 minutes cover with remaining ketchup,and sliced bell peppers.
- Bake until brown and bubbly .
- Excellent the next day cold too:).