Recipe by Sharon123
Make a double batch and keep some in the freezer for busy cold nights. Make extra sauce for dipping! From Ree Drummond's episode Potluck Sunday, this has many excellent reviews!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk (can use non dairy)
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- plenty ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 -6 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (brown sugar is good)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Directions See How It's Made
- For the meatballs: In bowl, combine the ground beef and oats. Pour in the milk, and then add the onions, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-size balls and refrigerate them for 30 to 45 minutes to firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge the meatballs in the flour, and then brown the meatballs in batches until light brown. As they brown, place them into a rectangular baking dish.
- For the sauce: Stir together the ketchup, onions, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Drizzle the sauce evenly on the meatballs.
- Bake until bubbly and hot, about 45 minutes.