Comfort in a Muffin - Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan forced 180C).
- Butter 6-8 muffin tins or line them with muffin cases.
- Put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and bicarb in a large bowl, and then rub everything through your fingers, as if making pastry, to ensure the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Beat the egg, and then stir in the buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Lightly stir the egg mixture into the flour.
- Fold the prunes and the pecan nuts into the mixture.
- Divide between the tins, filling the cases to the brim, then bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.