Comfort Food Rice Pudding
- Put rice in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water (I use a sauce pan w/ water in it on bottom and a stainless steel pan on top).
- Add salt and 3 c water.
- Coverand cook till rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, butter, and raisins if desired.
- Cook and stir frequently over simmering water till the puddings thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the top dish with the pudding in it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spoon into custard cups and eat warm or chill.
- We like ours with a little raspberry sauce or jam.