Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
It's perfect if you are craving rice pudding and have no milk or eggs. I love this, rich and flavorful but it's best if you eat it on the first day.
- 1 cup short-grain white rice (such as pearl rice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put rice in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water (I use a sauce pan w/ water in it on bottom and a stainless steel pan on top).
- Add salt and 3 c water.
- Coverand cook till rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, butter, and raisins if desired.
- Cook and stir frequently over simmering water till the puddings thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the top dish with the pudding in it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spoon into custard cups and eat warm or chill.
- We like ours with a little raspberry sauce or jam.
Extremely easy and quick to make, you can even use leftover rice and heat before making. Yummy!
I found this recipe while going through some recipes of my Grandmothers. I remembered how good it is and was going to post it but, here it is! This pudding is so easy to make, you can't mess it up. It is absolutely delicious! I highly recommend it!!!