Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy-to-make, flavorful, low-carb cod recipe. My husband created this recipe to use up leftover bacon and cheddar cheese.
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 20 ounces cod fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Place cod in shallow baking dish. brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place tomato slices on top of cod.
- Spoon 1/2 the sauce over the cod.
- Bake cod for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Keep remaining sauce warm.
- Serve cod on plates topped with remaining sauce.