Paris D's Note:
An easy-to-make, flavorful, low-carb cod recipe. My husband created this recipe to use up leftover bacon and cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.78 ml capers, drained
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 28.34 g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml skim milk ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 566.99 g cod fish fillets
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Mix first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- 3Place cod in shallow baking dish. brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 4Place tomato slices on top of cod.
- 5Spoon 1/2 the sauce over the cod.
- 6Bake cod for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Keep remaining sauce warm.
- 7Serve cod on plates topped with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comfort Cod
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 371.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 35.9 g