Recipe by Paris D
An easy-to-make, flavorful, low-carb cod recipe. My husband created this recipe to use up leftover bacon and cheddar cheese.
- 14.78 ml capers, drained
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 28.34 g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml skim milk ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 566.99 g cod fish fillets
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Place cod in shallow baking dish. brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place tomato slices on top of cod.
- Spoon 1/2 the sauce over the cod.
- Bake cod for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Keep remaining sauce warm.
- Serve cod on plates topped with remaining sauce.