Recipe by oloschiavo
It's basic, but it's oh so good... beef, red wine and mushrooms. Adapted from CSIRO cookbook (so it's gotta be good for you :-)).
- 400 g diced lean beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 slices lean bacon, chopped
- 6 whole small onion, peeled
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 200 g whole baby portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brown beef in half the oil and set aside in casserole dish.
- Use the remaining oil to cook bacon, onion, carrot and tomato paste for a few minutes.
- Add stock and red wine to bacon mixture and bring to the boil.
- Pour bacon mixture over beef and cook in oven for 1.5 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic mash and green beans for the ultimate warming winter meal.