Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
The perfect hot soup to keep you warm in the winter!!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 quarts milk
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 5 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake potatoes for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the "meat" and set aside.
- Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- When milk mixture is VERY hot, whisk in potato.
- Add green onion and potato peels.
- Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon.
- Heat through.
- Add cheese a little at a time until it is all melted inches.