1 hr 30 mins
The perfect hot soup to keep you warm in the winter!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake potatoes for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- 3Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until well blended.
- 4Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- 5Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 6Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the "meat" and set aside.
- 7Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- 8When milk mixture is VERY hot, whisk in potato.
- 9Add green onion and potato peels.
- 10Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon.
- 11Heat through.
- 12Add cheese a little at a time until it is all melted inches.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comfort Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1346.2
- Calories from Fat 764
- Total Fat 84.9 g
- Saturated Fat 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 1688.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 47.4 g