Combo Flatcake (Tanzania)
- Combine beef, potatoes and carrots in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, curry powder, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to the beef mixture, along with the egg and milk. Blend thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Dump mixture into skillet in half-cup portions, as many as will fit at one time, flattening each slightly with a wooden spoon.
- Cook covered, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Flip cakes over to brown the second side.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used, adding the remaining oil, a bit at a time, to prevent sticking.