Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A multi-ingredient Mexican tummy filler.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef or 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 8 guajillo chilies, deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked peas
- 1⁄2 cup cooked and diced green beans
- 1 medium potato, cooked and skinless
- 1 medium carrot, cooked and chopped
- 10 green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, shelled and skinned
- 1⁄2 lb manchego cheese or 1⁄2 lb asadero cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon butter
- cooking oil
- Soak chiles in 1 1/2 cups of hot water to soften.
- Process in blender with onion, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Strain this sauce and fry in cooking oil until it starts boiling. Turb heat off and set the sauce apart.
- Sautee the meat in a little cooking oil,a dding the olives, raisins and peanut.
- Season with salt to taste, stir, and let simmer until meat is cooked.
- Lightly pass both sides of the tortillas in hot cooking oil and layer in bottom of a greased pyrex dish.
- Place the veggies and the meat on top of them
- Pour the guajillo sauce over it.
- Repeat layers until you finish with sauce and a top layer of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum doil and bake in preheated medium temperature oven until cheese has melted.