Recipe by Gingerbee
This wonderful oyster bar bisque will sail into the hearts of your seafood lovers and you when Elegant and Easy is the theme to your next dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup shucked oyster (, substitute clams if desired or mussels)
- 1⁄4 cup crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 ounce white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup clam juice
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan combine cocktail sauce, butter, onion powder, crushed garlic, lemon juice, white, wine, and Tabasco sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the clam juice, add to mixture and bring to a boil stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Reduce heat and immediately add the seafood and simmer for 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and curl.
- Immediately remove from heat, add cream and heat but do not boil.
- Serve with a pat of butter on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serves 2.