Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderful oyster bar bisque will sail into the hearts of your seafood lovers and you when Elegant and Easy is the theme to your next dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup shucked oyster (, substitute clams if desired or mussels)
- 1⁄4 cup crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 ounce white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup clam juice
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
- In a sauce pan combine cocktail sauce, butter, onion powder, crushed garlic, lemon juice, white, wine, and Tabasco sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the clam juice, add to mixture and bring to a boil stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Reduce heat and immediately add the seafood and simmer for 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and curl.
- Immediately remove from heat, add cream and heat but do not boil.
- Serve with a pat of butter on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serves 2.