Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Use a mix of whatever meat you have on hand. Can use store-bought spicy chili-garlic (Sriracha) or can use Asian Garlic Sauce as a sub. Don't omit it!!!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked meat, poultry or 1 cup shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon packaged asian chili-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes; add eggs and gently stir 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet; chop.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add onion, garlic and bell pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chopped cooked meat and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice, soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in eggs. Garnish with green onions.
PHENOMENAL!! I will be cooking this up instead of paying $$ at the take out. EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD!!!!!!!
Great! My picky husband even liked!!! Relatively easy and quick! I will definitely be keeping this recipe and using it again in the future.
Excellent fried rice recipe. I made as written, using sauteed bacon as the meat and Lee Kum Kee chilli-garlic sauce. From now on I plan to have extra cooked rice on hand, so I can make this often.