1/3 Photos of Combination Chow Mein
Peter J's Note:
This is an adaptation of an Australian Women's Weekly recipe to suit what I had on hand and personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g pork, diced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 12 medium prawns, uncooked (or shrimp)
- 250 g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly (bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 green onions
- 1Place diced pork, five spice, hoisin sauce and soy into a bowl, mix and let marinate a few hours covered in fridge.
- 2Heat one tablespoon of peanut oil in wok and stir-fry prawns a few minutes until just starting to change color. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- 3Add diced chicken and marinated pork to wok and str-fry until cooked. Remove and keep covered along with prawns.
- 4Heat other tablespoon of peanut oil in wok and stir-fry carrot and brown onion until soft.
- 5Add celery, capsicum and mushroom and stir-fry until vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- 6Combine chicken stock, cornflour, light soy sauce and oyster sauce in small bowl and mix well.
- 7Return prawn / chicken / pork mixture to wok and add bok choy, bean sprouts, green onion and blended sauce mix.
- 8Stir-fry until sauce boils and thickens.
- 9Serve over rice optionally with chow mein noodles over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Combination Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 1568.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder