1/1 Photo of Columbian Rice
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Debbie whose husband is Columbian; this rice rocks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1/2 inch oil in bottom of pan.
- 2Add onions; fry for a couple of minutes.
- 3Add fideos which are like vermicelli.
- 4Cook until the fideos are butterscotch colored; do not burn.
- 5Wash rice.
- 6Add rice and water to the pan; add salt; taste water to make sure flavor is right.
- 7Cook on medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently, until all the water is absorbed.
- 8Cover and simmer on lowest heat until the bottom is browned but not burned.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Columbian Rice
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1168.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: